People know the repercussions of unemployment and its example can be seen in J&K. We can see how hunger, poverty, and terrorism prevail there. Keeping these evil aspects of the society our honorable Minister of MSME, Nitin Gadkari, addressed the intellects of J&K to create a vision for the region. “One can donate eye but not vision”, nicely quoted by him with the focus of employment generation and the increasing rise of MSME in J&K.
One should know about its strength which needs to strengthen and its weakness which needs to be minimized, applicable for a particular region too. Nitin Gadkari also quoted about the potentials and the territory should focus on their strength which is as follows:-
- Textile sector:
- Innovation in the khadi sector will generate more employment.
- Pashmina shawl is very famous there which is compared with merino wool should be focused more.
- The target of selling 2 crore handkerchief in a year made by skilled women of Nagrota town.
2. Agriculture sector( farming and furniture):
- Focusing innovations to increase the production of high altitude honey that has great demand outside the country too. Aims to increase production 10 times.
- Increasing the products made by bamboos is also encouraged.
- The demands of furniture are high, the government will focus on skilling up the workers so their quality of furniture could compete with the world.
3. Tourism: It should be focused more, as J&K portrayed as heaven. Making restaurants and resorts for tourists will be another step forward in development.
4. Skill development: Workers should up-skill themselves so that their demands would increase and their value also.
Overall the above things can only be achieved if the investment in every sector is transparent and corruption-free. The government should take a survey of the people there and analyze what exact problems they are facing. Infrastructure is a key role in development. Think tanks must focus on infrastructure to have a multiplier effect. The government says focus more on skill development but this is to be done in a marketing way so that most people would go for it. J&K where the 4G network is there but there is no access for people due to security reasons. It is nicely said, ”You take horses up to water but you cannot force them to drink water”. People will be employed if they are willing to get employment.
People know the repercussions of unemployment and its example can be seen in J&K. We can see how hunger, poverty, and terrorism prevail there. Infrastructure is a key role in development. Think tanks must focus on infrastructure to have a multiplier effect.